Jungle Ruins 6

George
Site Admin

Jungle Ruins 6

Post by George »

Three levels are finished and complete. Raider X is currently working on his level, but I don't have any screenshots as yet and can't really give you an update on his progress. Now that we have forums again, perhaps he'll show up and give us an update! Here are 3 screenshots from my first 2 levels.

jrglvl01-04.jpg
jrglvl01-04.jpg (433.14 KiB) Viewed 52 times
jr6-level204.jpg
jr6-level204.jpg (397.96 KiB) Viewed 52 times
jr6-level201.jpg
jr6-level201.jpg (392.26 KiB) Viewed 52 times
George
Site Admin

Re: Jungle Ruins 6

Post by George »

I've replayed level 2 but it needed a change. There is a very difficult pixel perfect jump from a passage to a ledge, and it had me swearing. Eventually managed it but it was tough. Thing is there is a shimmy from the passageway to the ledge so it's dead easy, I'd just forgotten about it and didn't look for it. I've made the shimmy ledge easy to see from the passageway so that should cut down on the swearing factor when the game is released. Fixed a texture while I was at it. Now I'd better go test the level again.

:lara:
George
Site Admin

Post by George »

Level 2 is ready for beta testing. Only found 2 small cosmetic changes needed, a static to be put on a wall switch and a plant needs lowered one click to ground level. I'll play level 3 through a little later.
RaiderX

Post by RaiderX »

Yep... looks good just like I played through!! I am working on my levels and making progress... Just don't have anything to show just yet... But let me tell you it is my best stuff yet... George you are going to be amazed by this stuff!! :hyper:
George
Site Admin

Post by George »

Sounds good, all your stuff is excellent. Sorry about the approved posting thingie, I'll go check out admin and try to disable that. Must a thingie for new members or something.

:blink:
RaiderX

Post by RaiderX »

Not a problem.. love you Buddy!!
George
Site Admin

Post by George »

Just finished a run through of my 3rd and final level for JR6 and I didn't find a single thing to change. I think this 3rd level entitled Timeless is the closest I've ever come to recapturing that original Tomb Raider 1 experience. Okay, that's Jungle Ruins 6 loaded back into my molecules. No more level building for me now until this is released.

jr6lvl301.jpg
jr6lvl301.jpg (193.87 KiB) Viewed 26 times